Account Manager - Hospitality
|Veröffentlichungsdatum||26. Oktober 2017|
ACCOUNT MANAGER – Hospitality
Reports to: Account Director
Full Time: Yes
Length: ASAP to August 2018
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Octagon are thrilled to be looking for a superstar Account Manager to assist in our 2018 FIFA World Cup hospitality programme in Russia. This is an amazing opportunity to work on one of the largest events in the sporting calendar. If you have exceptional account management skills, are a real team player, love sports and are passionate about what we do, then this could be the role for you.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As Account Manager, you will be responsible for a variety of exciting assignments within the client’s sponsorship of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia. Along with our expert account team, you will assist in the development and creation of travel programmes and manage the eclectic range of onsite hospitality programmes during the event. You should have strong event planning and project management experience in order to lead these programmes from initial ideation through to execution.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating, negotiating and implementing local guest activities for the 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Identifying and managing local event locations and be part of the white-glove service onsite team for clients and guests at all programme events
- Managing and updating Project Management Overview on a week by week basis
- Providing ‘Russian’ expertise – from translating to supporting and advising on an ad hoc basis to both colleagues, clients and other agencies as requested
- Developing a staff brief and selecting a vendor to recruit temporary personnel to run the hospitality programmes. You will manage the day-to-day relationship with the vendor and ensure staff are thoroughly briefed throughout the run of events
- Creating transport briefs, appointing a primary travel company and managing the day-to-day communication prior to and during the event
- Coordinating client/FIFA team meetings in Russia, including assisting with travel, accommodation, venue booking, ground transport and catering
- Attending FIFA/ client organised events and conducting additional site visits to hotels, venues and activation sites when needed
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree qualification or equivalent
- Solid work experience in the marketing, communications, hospitality or advertising industries
- Proven success in building positive client relationships
- Experience with on-site event management and execution and handling of high end guest expectations
- Detail-oriented; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work within deadlines
- Superior organisation, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written). A writing assignment may be part of the hiring process
- Ability to manage precise financial records, budgets and reconciliations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Willingness to work weekend, holiday and non-traditional hours, as required
- Ability to speak English and Russian
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT RIGHT MOVE IF:
- You communicate clearly. You can write well, you speak in an engaging way and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly
- You think on your feet and use your initiative. You enjoy learning new things and can quickly adapt when things change
- You’re a natural at building rapport with just about anyone at any level in an organisation
- You pay attention to the detail
- You stay focused and nothing gets missed
- You thrive on working on multiple projects at any one time
- You enjoy solving problems and finding creative solutions to challenges
- You have a passion for football and a great knowledge and understanding of the landscape - key properties, governing bodies, clubs and players
- You have the ability to collaborate across disciplines, departments and client’s additional agency partners
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure
- You are a real team player
If you are looking to join a well-established agency that provides you with challenging work, a culture that cares and respects you and you want the opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most exciting sporting events in the world, then this could be your next role!
We’re the global sports, entertainment and lifestyle-marketing arm of IPG. A collection of 800 fans bound by a single mission: To create work that earns attention.
HOW WE SEE THE WORLD:
We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity and our audiences’ patience has never been shorter. As an industry, we have never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we are trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it.
Attention is either bought or it’s earned.
Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that’s a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience actually listens to what you’re saying.
At Octagon, our purpose is to create work that earns attention. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture, and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most.
HAVE WE GOT YOURS?
If you are interested, inspired and energised by what you read and are ready for your next right move then put yourself forward for this role by sending cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf Karriere im Sportmanagement.Zurück zu den Ausschreibungen